Monday, March 10, 2008

Having an Impact?

Maybe, just maybe, my words have somewhat impacted the Bald Faced Hypocrite. From today's blog I gleaned this bit of information:

I've been away for a week on vacation, but I didn't miss Pat Kilkenny's $1 million donation to academics at the University of Oregon. This isn't a major story, but it's a good thing. Not sure how anyone can possibly twist it in any different manner. I don't care if the Ducks' AD needed the tax deduction. I don't care if it was leaked to gain public leverage, or support from the academics when it comes to the arena project, blah, blah, blah. All I care is that someone who had a choice did something good for academics in the way that Bob Knight, and others, have done for other universities.

Yet, like how he got his own little jab... he does do his best to make the insinuation that his donation is not entirely altruistic by mentioning the tax benefit. He also insinuates that the information was leaked in order to gain leverage and/or support. While he says he "doesn't care" about those reasons, let there be no doubt, he threw those concepts in there for a reason. If he truly didn't care, he wouldn't have mentioned them.


I also love how he throws Kilkenny into the same sentence as Bobby Knight. This was certainly intentional and it only serves to prove his continuing bias against the UO. He could easily have left out the references to the tax break and Bob Knight, but chose to include them... he is still a hypocrite... can't change his DNA...

Nonetheless, I find it interesting that he is responding almost verbatim to my commentary regarding his thoughts... maybe the Bald Faced Hypocrite has a new daily reading list.

Why, though, did I have to scroll through the blithering of a moron about some HBO show to get to his commentary? Well, what can you expect from a pseudo-journalist like Canzano? He can't write more than about 50 positive words about his topics (unless the Blazers pay handsomely for a "press release"), so he needs filler words. What would this guy have been before television existed? NOTHING!


1 comment:

Destroyer77 said...

You are exactly right my friend, there is a specific reason that he mentioned all of those "I don't care..." phrases.